Questions To Ask Your Pediatric Dentist During the First Visit?
The pediatric dentist will ask questions about current oral care, diet, the general health of the child, the child’s oral habits, and the child’s current fluoride intake.
Once answers to these questions have been established, the pediatric dentist can advise parents on the following issues:
- Accident prevention.
- Adding xylitol and fluoride to the infant’s diet.
- Choosing an ADA approved, non-fluoridated brand of toothpaste for the infant.
- Choosing an appropriate toothbrush.
- Choosing an orthodontically correct pacifier.
- Correct positioning of the head during tooth brushing.
- Easing the transition from sippy cup to adult-sized drinking glasses (12-14 months).
- Eliminating fussing during the oral care routine.
- Establishing a drink-free bedtime routine.
- Maintaining good dietary habits.
- Minimizing the risk of tooth decay.
- Reducing sugar and carbohydrate intake.
- Teething and developmental milestones.
If you have further questions or concerns about the timing or nature of your child’s first oral checkup, please ask your pediatric dentist.
WE CARE ABOUT OUR PATIENTS!
Dr. Daniel Hall is an expert when it comes to your children’s oral health, and he is eager to offer them the best services in a friendly and warm environment, at the Sunray Pediatric Dentistry clinic.
Contact us to give your child the oral care he or she deserves.
There’s a Horizon of Smiles Ahead
LET’S STAY IN TOUCH
Call: (858) 215-2485
Text: (858) 282-0085
Fax: (858) 905 3385
13350 Camino Del Sur
San Diego, CA 92129
MON: 10:00am – 6:00pm
TUES: 10:00am – 6:00pm
THURS: 8:00am – 4:00pm
FRI: 8:00am – 4:00pm