BREAST FEEDING & ORAL HEALTH
Dental pain can be a frustrating and uncomfortable experience, but fortunately, there are several ways to relieve dental pain at home. Here are some tips to help you alleviate dental pain until you can see a dentist:
- Saltwater Rinse: A saltwater rinse can help reduce inflammation and alleviate pain. Mix 1/2 teaspoon of salt with a cup of warm water and swish the solution around your mouth for 30 seconds before spitting it out. Repeat this several times a day as needed.
- Cold Compress: Placing a cold compress on the affected area can help numb the pain and reduce inflammation. Wrap a bag of ice or a cold pack in a towel and apply it to the cheek on the affected side for 15-20 minutes at a time.
- Clove Oil: Clove oil has natural pain-relieving properties and can be an effective way to relieve dental pain. Apply a small amount of clove oil to a cotton ball and hold it against the affected area for a few minutes. Alternatively, you can mix a few drops of clove oil with a carrier oil such as coconut oil and apply it to the affected area.
- Over-the-Counter Pain Relievers: Over-the-counter pain relievers such as ibuprofen or acetaminophen can help alleviate dental pain. Follow the instructions on the label for dosage and do not exceed the recommended amount.
- Tea Bags: Tea bags can help relieve dental pain due to their anti-inflammatory properties. Steep a tea bag in hot water, allow it to cool slightly, and place it against the affected area.
- Garlic: Garlic has natural antibacterial properties and can help relieve dental pain. Crush a clove of garlic and mix it with some salt before applying it to the affected area.
- Avoid Trigger Foods: Avoid foods and drinks that are hot, cold, or sweet, as these can trigger dental pain. Stick to soft, easy-to-chew foods such as soups, smoothies, and mashed potatoes until you can see a dentist.
While these home remedies can help alleviate dental pain, it’s important to remember that they are only temporary solutions. If your dental pain persists or worsens, you should seek professional dental care as soon as possible to address the underlying issue. A dentist can identify the cause of your dental pain and provide effective treatment to relieve your discomfort and restore your oral health.
WE CARE ABOUT OUR PATIENTS!
Dr. Daniel Hall is an expert when it comes to your children’s oral health, and he is eager to offer them the best services in a friendly and warm environment, at the Sunray Pediatric Dentistry clinic.
Contact us to give your child the oral care he or she deserves.
There’s a Horizon of Smiles Ahead
LET’S STAY IN TOUCH
Call: (858) 215-2485
Text: (858) 282-0085
Fax: (858) 905 3385
13350 Camino Del Sur
San Diego, CA 92129
MON: 10:00am – 6:00pm
TUES: 10:00am – 6:00pm
THURS: 8:00am – 4:00pm
FRI: 8:00am – 4:00pm